1. I have to start of with the most worn item in my wardrobe. I actually must own about 20 because I wear them so much. A plain white t-shirt! I love a plain white tee because they can be worn with anything and are just a classic fashion staple! My favourite plain white tee, if you can have a favourite? Is from Newlook and I'm sure it's like £4.99.
2. I am loving patterned shorts this summer and have a few different styles and colours. I love how you can wear them casual with flip-flops and a white t-shirt or dress them up with heels and a cami! My favourite patterned shorts this summer are from Topshop and I wear them every chance I get. I am known for getting my legs out and shorts are the perfect summer wardrobe essential.
3. Since working at Newlook, I have become obsessed with the midi dress trend. I think sometimes summer dresses can be a bit too short and maxi dresses are too long for me so the midi dress has been introduced to my wardrobe! I like to wear mine casually with converse and sunglasses or with wedges for a night out!
4. Sandals have been my footwear of choice this summer and Newlook have kitted me out in the best on trend sandals! I'm not usually a sandal girl because my feet are not what you would call beautiful but I had a pedicure this summer and am loving showing of my feet (and my wee tattoo) in some cute studded sandals.
5. I feel like this is a very Pro-Newlook post but its only because I spend so much time there that my style is influenced by the trends I see at work! My 5th wardrobe essential is a cami! Newlook have an amazing selection of cami's in every colour and print you could think of! I have bought a few this summer which I wear with everything, disco pants, shorts, jeans, maxi skirts Ect! My fav cami of the summer is a Topshop number and it just fits me perfectly! This is me in my cami!
6. Summer for me means a lot of nights out, BBQ's and town events so I had to pick up a few dresses for nights out! My stand out dress for this summer is definitely a neon yellow dress I got from Newlook's Cameo Rose concession brand! My sister said I looked like a tennis ball but I got a lot of compliments in this dress! I love the neon trend and Im sure to get some more wear out of this dress this summer!
7. My converse are another footwear summer essential for those more adventurous activities! I love my white converse and they were perfect for when I went to the Deer Farm Park and the Highland Show. I'm planning on picking up a pair of white high tops next payday.
8. Cover-ups are something I thought I would only wear on holiday but because the temperature this summer has peaked to the 30's, I have been wearing last years beach cover ups in the garden. They are perfect for sitting sun bathing or having a BBQ with friends in the summer sun without showing too much flesh.
9. This summer I have been rocking a statement necklace with every outfit! They make my white t-shirt days a little less plain Jane and a little more fun! I have a crazy huge collection of statement necklaces and I do actually where them all! I might do a post all about my latest additions to my necklace family!
10. This final summer fashion essential is probably only applicable to those living in the borders that attend the summer balls! For all of Kelso girls buying a ball dress is one of the funniest and most important fashion choices of the season! My ball was last week and I wore a white Grecian gown! Loved my night and can not wait for next year and another new ball gown!
Those are my summer wardrobe essentials, what are yours?
This is the first post I did using blogger on my iPad. Just trying it out but I think I might do some editing on my laptop!