Monday 26 August 2013

Real Techniques Make-up Brushes

I was recently introduced to these makeup brushes by my friend Loren and started off my collection with the foundation brush. I have now built up my collection a wee bit more but I have no where near all of them! I'm just gonna talk you through my brush collection, which are my favourites and how I use them.
           

L-R: powder brush, buffing brush, expert face brush, foundation brush, contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailed brush
  
I would say the foundation brush is the one I use the least! I don't enjoy blending my foundation in with this brush as it can look a little streaky! I sometimes use it to blend in concealer if my skin is particularly bad!

I then picked up the Real Techniques basic brush set which included a; buffing brush, contour brush, pointed foundation brush and the detailer brush. This set is perfect if you are just starting to explore makeup brushes and makeup application techniques.
I use the buffing brush for all my blusher and bronzers and I do love this brush! 
I use the contour brush for contouring and applying highlighters. 
The pointed foundation brush has turned into my eyeshadow brush! Perfect for applying eyeshadow to the lid and the crease and blending to make a natural eye look. 
The detailer brush is used to apply concealer to certain areas but I also like to use this brush to apply some lipsticks.

My newest Real Techniques brushes, which were added to the collection yesterday are the powder brush and the expert face brush. Boots had a buy one get one half price deal on and i couldn't resist! The powder brush is huge and perfect for setting my makeup! Automatic favourite powder brush! The expert face brush is my favourite brush beyond a doubt! I only got this yesterday and I love it! I have heard amazing things about this brush and Loren told me I must get it but every where I looked they were sold out! Well I was in luck yesterday! To be honest I prefer applying foundation and bb creams using my fingers as it leaves a better finish on the skin but... Not anymore! This brush is amazing at blending your base and my skin looks natural and airbrushed at the same time! 
                                         
  
Next I really want to get my hands on the Real techniques eye make-up brush set so I'll be saving my pennies for that! 

Every Sunday I make sure that all my brushes get cleaned because some of them can get a little grubby from being used every day! I use warm water and a little bit of Johnson's baby shampoo and I find this makes them super clean and super soft. 

1 comment: