Sunday 13 July 2014

My New Shoe Obsession: Pool Sliders

When it comes to summer footwear i usually stick to converse, flip flops or sandals, but summer 2014 has brought back the Birkenstock/pool slider trend that was oh so popular in the 90's. I am loving this 90's comeback and I am welcoming all the old trends I used to rock when I was younger, in a slightly more fashionable and chic way. I love looking back at old photos and realising what a stylish kid I was.

Unsure at first my opinion on the return of the Birkenstock sandal, I was categorising this trend under the UGLY footwear bracket that most shoe trends seems to come under nowadays. However, I take back every harsh word and judgemental look because I love them. 

I picked up my pair from River Island for a complete bargain. They were down to £15 from £28. I love the monochrome trend right now and these bright white pool sliders suit my current style perfectly. I plan to wear these all summer, as they seem to go with everything in my wardrobe and definitely plan to pick up some more in a variation of colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment