Tuesday 3 September 2013

August Beauty Haul

I am going to split my August Haul into Beauty and Fashion because I have bought a lot this month! Surprisingly I also saved money for the first time in like 5 years... So August has been pretty good for me!
This is my beauty haul and I have purchased a lot of amazing products this month! I have had a chance to try out most of them because I have been shopping a lot throughout the month. Soooo here we go: 


I bought a few MUA products from my local Superdrug and I wanted to try out some new blushers. I got the MUA Shimmer Kisses in the bronzer and the blusher. Since I purchased these I have hit the blogs to see what other people thought and I've discovered they are more of a highlighter... But for like£3 I'm okay with that! I also got the MUA Mosaic Blush in English Rose, this leaves a very pale pinky colour on the cheeks but I've only used it a few times so I'm open to trying it some more! This was £2.25 I think which is a bargain! 

I have heard some amazing things about the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and it was top of my wish list! I am a firm believer that the foundation you use on your skin must be of a high quality and for that reason I am usually drawn to luxury high end brands, however, bloggers have been raving about this stuff so I decided to pick it up! I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but I am head over heels in love with this! I got it in the shade 52 and it is perfect on my skin and feels so light weight and the coverage is perfect! Go get this foundation!! 

I already have the Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Nail polish in Mint for Life and it is actually one of my favourite formulas, so I picked up another colour to try called Hot Salsa and I Love it! It's a colour I would wear all year round and it is this pretty pinky red.



The Revlon lip butters get a lot of hype online so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about! I picked up the shade candy apple which is a sheer red which can be worn casually or on a night out! The formula is creamy so i did find that you had to apply a couple more coats throughout the day. I do like this product and I did pick up 2 more shades yesterday when I was shopping in boots, Sorbet and Strawberry shortcake.

It has been like 2 months since I had my eyebrows professionally waxed so I have been tweezong them to save me some money. I usually get them done at the Benefit Brow Bar and they do such an amazing job at creating that benefit arch! To fill in my brows on this low maintenance period I picked up the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown! I haven't really used this yet to give you a review but I will do very soon! One end has the brow pencil and the other has a brush for combing through those messy brows! 

One of my favourite purchases, which I have already done a blog post on, are The Real Techniques Powder Brush and Expert Face Brush! I can not rave enough about these amazing brushes so check out my full review of my brush collection in my other blog post! 


I also picked up these two soap and glory products this month on a 3 for 2 offer... Just realised I forgot to include the 3rd item, Scrub your Nose in it. That product is so amazing I think I will review it for you guys! Anyway, I picked up the Breakfast Scrub which is something I have wanted to try for ages! It smells delicious and I want to eat it every time I use it! I love it and I feel that it gives me skin a deep scrub without drying it out. 

The final beauty that I bought this month is the Smoothie Star Body Milk. This smells like cookies and cream and I can not wait to start using it! I want to finish off my body shop body butter first before I start using this one but I can tell it is going to be a favourite of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment