Friday 6 September 2013

Products worth the hype

I love reading beauty blogs and being drawn into the hype of a product! The feeling of finally owning that hyped up product is one of my favourite feelings in the world. I am crazy though to be honest, when I read an amazing review of a product, all I can think about is that product, until I have it in my make-up collection! These are a few products that are worth the hype, with a few that are not thrown in.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 HR: 
I have the shades, On and on Bronze, Eternal Gold and Metallic Pomegranate. These are amazing! For a high street product, the quality of these cream eyeshadows are incredible. They last a long time on the lid, do not crease, super pigmented and versatile. The colour range is beautiful and I need to get my hands on more shades. 





Revlon Lip Butters: 
I have the colours, candy apple, sorbet and strawberry shortcake. There is so much hype surrounding these but I wasn't 100% convinced! I had always considered myself a matte lipstick girl and these never really tickled my fancy. But... I watched Essiebutton on YouTube and she was wearing the most loveliest shade of red and it turned out to be the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple. I bought this one first and I was hooked! My new favourite lip colour of the moment is Strawberry shortcake which is light pink. These lip butters are sheer but very pigmented and you should try these! 



Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay 7 day: 
I own Mint for Life and Hot Salsa. I was looking for the perfect mint this summer and a blogger recommended Mint for Life. This shade is perfect and has probably been my most worn nail polish of the summer! My favourite part about this nail polish is that it claims to last 7 days and...it does! I also picked up Hot Salsa which is a beautiful red toned pink which i think is a shade that can be rocked all year round and the quality is just as good as Mint for life. The colour range is pretty good and I am going to be buying more polishes from this range! 


Barry M High Shine Gellys: 
I have Satsuma, Grapefruit, Watermelon and Blueberry. Everyone and their cat loves these gel based nail polishes and I am know different! The colour range is amazing and they are forever bringing out new shades. The quality and the finish of these nail polishes are perfect and I am a big fan! I secretly want to own the whole colour collection! Satsuma and Blueberry are spring and summer colours but I can not wait to start wearing watermelon again. 



I have 2 products that are not worth the hype and attention. 



Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers: 
I have the shade Luna but after trying this shade I am reluctant to try any of the others. The formula did not agree with me and it made my lips look dry, bitty and glossy all in one. I'm not a big fan of the colour range either to be honest and I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore. 

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in light 2:
I have heard great things about this concealer and how much everyone loves it and it is the best! But... It's not for me! It's very drying on my skin and makes me look worse after using it. The colour is slightly too orange for my skin tone and it just does nothing for me! Sorry Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer lovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment