Saturday 16 August 2014

Barcelona Baby!

So I am back after Spending an amazing week in Barcelona with my cousin and her lovely friends. a week in the sun was exactly what I needed,and I loved every minute of our Spanish adventure.
Barcelona is the perfect holiday destination, with its beautiful beaches and inspiring city attractions, and our hosts were pretty amazing at showing us the sites.

 At the start of the week, we visited La Sagrada Familia Catherdral which was stunning and architecturally brilliant to see. That evening, we went to some Spanish bars for some Cava (one of Spains specialitys) and pintxos (€1 canapĂ© style snacks at the bars). All the cava was obviously to much for little old me as I went to bed with my head spinning!



Next up was a trip to La Ramblas, which had some typical touristy market stalls and Tapas Bars. We headed to an Irish Bar for €1 beers and watched the Hearts v Rangers game and after had a look at what all the stalls had to offer. 


The beaches in Barcelona are beautiful with white sand and blue oceans and barely anywhere to put your towel because it was so busy. I loved relaxing on the sun lounger, swimming in the sea and jumping the waves, but I did get some interesting, sore burn lines which I have yet to recover from. In the evening we dressed up and headed to a Tapas Bar for dinner, which was delicious, Tapas is such a great way to try different dishes and I could go for Tapas every day. 




On the Tuesday we went to Barcelona Football Stadium, Camp Nou, to pick up Barcelona Tickets and we had a little look around the stadium which was really fun and not something I would have usually chosen to do, as football is not really my thing, but I had fun posing for photos with the statues. 


One of my favourite days was when Elspeth and I went shopping at Catalunya, which is the main square and shopping destination I believe. We started our day off with tea and croissants at a little cafe and then started from one end of the street to the other looking at all the different shops. We came across a McCafe which was like a posh Macdonalds which sold Macarons and I ended up buying one of each flavour. (I also picked up a gorgeous striped dress from Zara which I will feature soon.)




On our final day in Barcelona we hit the water park, Illa Fantasia, which was so much fun. There are over 20 amazing slides and flumes within the park and we went on them all. Totally burnt my back but it was worth it. If you ever go to Barcelona, Waterparks are a must!

For our final meal we headed to Tacos Tacos. If you are ever in Barcelona and are looking for somewhere to eat, Tacos Tacos is the place. The restaurant had a Mexican day of the dead theme with sugar skulls everywhere and the food was incredible, they do not make Tacos like that in the UK. My absolute favourite was a pulled pork and green pepper sauce taco.

I would definitely go back to Barcelona and I miss the sun, sea and food already, but back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment