Monday 25 August 2014

The Reading List

I love books and my shelves at home are filled to breaking point with chick-lit and biographies but I have found a few books recently that I have been loving and haven't been able to put them down.

First up is the Lush Cosmetics To Go book which is a lovely, colourful book about the company that came before Lush. I am a big fan of Lush and Lush's values and this meant this book was a hit from the start. As a business graduate, I found the business model and ethics of cosmetics to go extremely interesting and the book just made me love Lush more than I already do. There are images from the Cosmetics To Go mail order catalogue and photos of old products that I wish I had a chance to try. If you love Lush as much as I do, this magical book is a must read. 

I recently picked up the highly coveted It by Alexa Chung and was not disappointed. Every Beauty and Fashion Blogger must own this book, so I knew I had to see what all the fuss was about. It is beautifully done with photographs and tit bits about Alexa and her likes and dislikes, her style inspiration and personal anecdotes that help you fall in love with her even more. She is one of my style icons and I'm so happy to have this book on my shelf. 

Last but certainly not least, is Mindy Kaling's hilarious book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me. Mindy is one of my all time favourite people and if I could invite any one to a fantasy dinner party it would Mindy (and Jennifer Lawrence). 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me' is laugh out loud funny with touching personal stories that have inspired me not to take life too seriously and to laugh at myself sometimes. 

What books are you guys reading? Any I should pick up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment