Friday 10 January 2014

January Beauty Haul

I know Christmas was like 2 weeks ago and I was spoilt with treats but I couldn't help myself when it came to beauty items. Most of these items were a must have or repurchases and most of them have been used so I can give you a mini review.



L-R - Batiste Light & Blonde Dry Shampoo - Lady Gaga Fame Perfume - Bourjois Happy Light Foundation - L'Oreal Skin Perfection -  Maybelline Lasting Drama Eyeliner Gel - Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm - Topshop Pressed Powder - Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Topshop Nails in Green Room - Mac Creme Cup - Real Techniques Stippling Brush - Real Techniques Eye Brush Set

The Batiste Light and Blonde Dry Shampoo was something I purchased when I was visiting a friend because I didn't have time to wash my hair before our shopping trip. I loved it, my hair went from greasy to clean looking in seconds. I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't the typical white powder of other dry shampoo as i find some others make my hair look grey.

I picked up the Lady Gaga Fame perfume on Boxing Day, as if I hadn't received enough perfumes over the festive period. I really fancied a warm, night time scent as I usually gravitate towards fresh flower scents. This perfume is a black liquid with the ingredients:
Tears of Belladonna 
Crushed Heart of Tiger Orchidea
With a Black Vail of Incense
Pulverised Apricot
And the Combinative Essences 
Of Saffron and Honey
I am a little bit in love with this perfume.

The Bourjois Happy Light Foundation is one of my favourites from 2013. This is a repurchase because I just ran out and couldn't be without my beloved Happy Light. The coverage is light to medium but can be built up. Even though I discovered this in the autumn/winter time, I think this is a summer foundation. The colour range is not great but I have no. 50 porcelain and it is just a little darker than my skin tone but this does help my fair skin glow a little.

Another repurchase is the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar solution. I really love this product for taking of my makeup before using my cleanser and after cleansing as a toner. 

One of my New Years resolutions is to learn how to apply eyeliner. I picked up the Maybelline Master Drama Gel Liner on a Boots spending spree. I have tried this before and managed to create an okay line across one of my lids. I am determined to master the technique of applying eyeliner. 

The Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm is something I have been lusting after for a long time. When Feel Unique had a 15% off event I couldn't help but pop this into my basket and click checkout. I have been using this for a week and have not noticed much of a difference. However, I have read reviews were people say that they notice a big difference when they stop using it. It smells amazing and I'm gonna keep using it in my skin care routine. 

My beloved Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder has hit pan in a bad way and I went out yo seek a replacement. I picked up the Topshop Setting Powder in White Lies because I have been impressed with Topshops Makeup offerings. So far, nothing special, I will have to pick up another One Heck of a Blot.

I was a big fan of the Maybelline The Falsies the last time I had it. I picked up the Flared version and I'm not impressed. My lashes are average and don't have the wow factor they did the last time. Going to keep using it, maybe it gets better with age?

I love Topshop Nails and I had a voucher to spend so I picked up the Topshop Nails in Green Room. I  have this on my nails now and I love it. It's a very opaque bright mint green and I think it's one I will be wearing all year round.

I have started a new Mac Obsession. Whenever i go to a Mac Store or counter I have to buy something, eyeshadow or lipstick related. On this particular shopping trip I picked up Mac Creme Cup and I am in love with this lipstick. It's the most wearable Mac Lipstick I own and it's the perfect nude/pink. It is my go to lipstick of the moment. Any Mac Lipsticks you would reccomend for next shopping trip?

Last, but certainly not least are my new additions to my Real Technique makeup brush family. I picked up the Stippling Brush for using with my blushers. I was previously using a Claire's Accessories brush but I decided I needed this in my life. I also bought the Eye Makeup Brush Collection. I have wanted this for a long time and finally just decided to get it. I have been using the Deluxe Crease Brush and Base Shadow Brush everyday since I bought them. 

What have you been buying this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment