Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag

This Tag takes me back 2 years ago and reminds me a lot about my dissertation topic which focused on the effects blogs have on the purchasing decisions of consumers. I thought it would be interesting for me to answer these questions because I believe beauty and fashion blogs are very influential.



1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

Today, I am more likely to look to bloggers for fashion and beauty advice over the celebrities and fashion magazines I used to use.
I have certain blogs I check everyday and these tend to be the blogs I enjoy and trust the most. I love Lily Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup for beauty advice, makeup launches and new beauty brands.
I love Lily Melrose' beauty blog ECTLLYMLRS because she tends to stay away from blogger norms and discuss different products. I love Lily for swatches because we have similar colouring and I love to see what products work for us pale skinned, blonde girls.

2. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers? Or do you look for more reviews from others? 

I do trust the opinions of my favourite bloggers. However, some products work for some and not for others. Everyone has different skin types, skin tone, hair colour so I believe in making an opinion of a product for yourself.

3. What is your most favourite item you have ever bought in consequence of blogs?

The launch of the DiorSkin Nude BB Cream was an exciting one for me. Essiebutton blogged multiple times about her love for the amazing BB Cream and I had to have it in my makeup collection. I searched all over Edinburgh for this product and finally located a tube in Jenners and I have loved it ever since.

4. What is your least favourite item you have bought in consequence of blogs? 

The Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers had a huge amount of hype surrounding the launch and the Apocalips are continually seen in monthly favourites. However, I never got on with these. I still can't understand why these are so popular.

5. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs

  1. Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm
  2. Mac Creme Cup
  3. Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
  4. Soap and Glory Scrub Atomic
  5. Body Shop Honey Bronzer

6. Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, which hype?

The hype surrounding The Real Techniques has always been huge and influential. Designed by Makeup Artist sisters Sam and Nic Chapman, these brushes have a huge fan base within the blogging world and rightly so. I love these brushes and want to collect them all. My favourites right now are the Contour Brush and the Buffing Brush. I could not recommend these brushes more. (Review)


7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? if so, which hype?

I have read many reviews about Bioderma and everyone seems to really love it. I have never tried this nor intend to unless it drops on my door step. There are many other cheaper and more readily available alternative and I am enjoying using the L'Oreal Micellar Solution.

8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out reviews?

I rely on blogs a lot for beauty and fashion inspiration yet I love to discover new Beauty products and trends for myself and to inspire others.

I found this Tag on the blog We Were Raised by Wolves and I would like to tag anyone that would like to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment